CALL FOR RELEASE OF GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES WITH NGOs
Release of Public Employees to Work with Voluntary Organisations (Vos)/National Non-governmental Institutions
The Office of the Prime Minister invites applications from Voluntary Organisations/National non-Governmental Institutions (hereinafter referred to collectively as ‘Organisations’) to benefit from the scheme whereby interested public employees may be released with Organisations for the purpose of enhancing their administrative capacity for the improved delivery of their projects and activities. The period of release is equivalent to the duration of the project or for a maximum period of twelve (12) months (whichever is the shorter) with the possibility of renewal. Details available on Government Gazzette. Please click here.
Due to the above opportunity which has arisen the Chamber would like to make a call for a full time government pharmacist to apply for the post of:
PROFESSIONAL AFFAIRS ADVISOR WITH THE MALTA CHAMBER OF PHARMACISTS
The Malta Chamber of Pharmacists is the national professional association with Trade Union rights representing its pharmacist members wherever they practice. The Malta Chamber of Pharmacists is locally affiliated to the CMTU, MFPA and MHN and internationally to the CPA and PGEU. It is a major interlocutor with government on issues concerning pharmacy.
The Chamber’s primary role is to promote the role of community pharmacists in the evolving policy and regulatory framework at National level, and to serve as a forum for the exchange of information and best practice among its members. Further information can be obtained on the Chamber website: www.spizjara.org
The Professional Affairs Advisor reports to the President and provides Chamber members with information and advice on professional related issues.
• Monitoring of Chamber activities/projects relevant to pharmacy practice including pharmaceutical policy and regulation, patient safety, public health, m/eHealth, education and continuing professional development;
• Preparing annual reports, work programmes, activities reports, internal memos and minutes;
• Supporting the representation of Chamber in groups, task forces and missions, including public speaking when relevant;
• Drafting Chamber policy statements and position papers;
• Liaising with the Chamber members and stakeholders;
• Networking with people / bodies from different backgrounds;
• Collecting, analysing and validating national pharmacy practice data.
• Qualified European pharmacist (EU/EEA/EFTA master’s degree level qualification)presently working in the government/public sector.
• Understanding of the importance of the community pharmacy environment and other fields of the pharmacy profession.
• Ability to work autonomously as well as in team.
• Demonstrating initiative, capable of working under time pressure.
• Ability to support the representation of the Chamber externally.
• Excellent communication skills in Maltese and English (including public speaking) will be considered an asset.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• Prepared to travel (if necessary) within the EU
Interested pharmacists may send their expression of interest together with their CV to email@example.com by not later than Monday 18th June 12 noon making sure to include a contact number due to the tight deadline. More details on the role and work involved may be obtained by sending an email.